From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: video driver discovery
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:42:46
1 Robert Bridge <robert <at> robbieab.com> writes:
4 > My bad, by typoing /etc where I mean /var
5
6 > Now when you've quite finished kicking me when I'm down... :P
9 Sorry you took it that way....
10
11 Anyway, the previous post did say I found /var/log and the X log
12 files.....
15 Sure, I'm a little frustrated with the fact that discovering
16 the actual video driver file is such a nightmare. It should
17 be a simple little command of a script one can alias to
18 a simple command string. I'm not meaning to bash you,
19 it's just I cannot belive there is not a simple method
20 to find the actual video driver a given linux system is
21 using. Parsing log files is not what I had in mind.
24 But, that is the best/only method?
27 (again apologies if I offended you)
30 James