From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: video driver discovery
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 22:09:25
1 On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:42:20 +0000 (UTC)
2 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Robert Bridge <robert <at> robbieab.com> writes:
7 > > My bad, by typoing /etc where I mean /var
8 >
9 > > Now when you've quite finished kicking me when I'm down... :P
12 > Sorry you took it that way....
13
14 I'm not offended. If I was offended I wouldn't have replied ;)
15
16 I kinda meant the :P as an attempt to convey the fact I was not that
17 serious.
18
19 > Sure, I'm a little frustrated with the fact that discovering
20 > the actual video driver file is such a nightmare. It should
21 > be a simple little command of a script one can alias to
22 > a simple command string. I'm not meaning to bash you,
23 > it's just I cannot belive there is not a simple method
24 > to find the actual video driver a given linux system is
25 > using. Parsing log files is not what I had in mind.
26
27 A simple method may well exist, I was only throwing out the only idea I
28 could think of.
29
30 > But, that is the best/only method?
31
32 Probably not. It's the only method that springs to mind.
33
34 RobbieAB