From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] migrating disks (from mounts to disklabels
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 00:23:36
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 01:21 on Saturday 20 November 2010, Neil
2 Bothwick did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 22:13:50 +0000, Mick wrote:
5 > > Short of measuring the latency with some system (which I wouldn't know
6 > > how) I have experimented with setting the /boot partition on primary
7 > > and logical partitions and the difference (on a stopwatch) was
8 > > measurable in seconds betweeen having said partition on a primary and
9 > > having it on a logical.
10 >
11 > Are you talking about GRUB loading time, kernel loading or what?
12 > Since /boot isn't normally mounted or used once the kernel is loaded, I
13 > don't see how relevant this is.
14
15 And:
16
17 Boot time differences measured in *seconds*?
18
19 fifty bucks says his fsck number came up
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com