From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] migrating disks (from mounts to disklabels
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 00:06:07
1 On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 22:13:50 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Short of measuring the latency with some system (which I wouldn't know
4 > how) I have experimented with setting the /boot partition on primary
5 > and logical partitions and the difference (on a stopwatch) was
6 > measurable in seconds betweeen having said partition on a primary and
7 > having it on a logical.
8
9 Are you talking about GRUB loading time, kernel loading or what?
10 Since /boot isn't normally mounted or used once the kernel is loaded, I
11 don't see how relevant this is.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]