From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: vbox vm no boot
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:29:58
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Yes, I see the latest screenshot now. Must have missed that one.
4 >
5 > Harry, that error almost always indicates you do not have the drivers
6 > for PIIX compiled into the kernel. I assume you are not using an
7 > initramfs so that driver must be compiled in, not a module.
8 >
9 > In make menuconfig, it's found at Device Drivers -> Serial ATA and
10 > Parallel ATA drivers
11
12 Those are selected as builtin
13
14 > Similar for the file system driver (presumably ext2|3|4) for the
15 > partition hosting /boot, that too must be compiled in (not a module)
16
17 Ditto here
18
19 That is for the new attempt... I have yet to try booting it, but from
20 your suggestions it sounds like I may have it right this time.
21
22 I posted another screen grab but never saw it show up here. Trying again
23
24 http://www.jtan.com/~reader/vu3/disp.cgi
25
26 Note:
27 The first image (filename Driver.png) doesn't show the last 10/12 lines
28 of menuconfig due to monitor constraints, but they are all unselected.