From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia and optimus
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:39:23
3 > You need bumblebee. Otherwise it's not possible to use the Nvidia
4 > Optimus chip.
7 I think that it is possible, or supposed to be possible!
8 The gentoo wiki says that Nvidia drivers are now supporting the optimus, so
9 it is called "native optimus support"
12 > > I just waned to use optimus without that, but it seem the it is not easy!
13 >
14 > It's not possible, because the Nvidia Optimus chip isn't a full featured
15 > graphics card, and doesn't write directly to the screen. Joost already
16 > explained it pretty well.
17 >
18 > Exactly, that is why the Nvidia driver is using the xrandr for offloading
19 the tasks.