From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bounced messages
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 19:05:02
1 On 10/31/19 9:52 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3
4 Hi,
5
6 > I been getting quite a few of these lately.
7 >
8 >> Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're seeing this
9 >> message it means things are back to normal, and it's merely for your
10 >> information.
11 >>
12 >> Here is the list of the bounced messages:
13 >> - 188380
14
15 I periodically get these too.
16
17 My understanding is that my receiving server is correctly rejecting
18 specific messages in accordance with the purported sending domain's
19 wishes (which they publish in DNS).
20
21 I believe this to be happening because the gentoo-user mailing list (and
22 others) are sending messages in a way that violates contemporary spam
23 filtering; e.g. SPF, DKIM, DMARC.
24
25 I don't think there is anything that we subscribers can do. I think
26 it's up to the mailing list administrators to update / reconfigure
27 things to match contemporary spam filtering.
32 Grant. . . .
33 unix || die