From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bounced messages
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 20:00:54
1 Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 10/31/19 9:52 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 >> I been getting quite a few of these lately.
8 >>
9 >>> Some messages to you could not be delivered. If you're seeing this
10 >>> message it means things are back to normal, and it's merely for your
11 >>> information.
12 >>>
13 >>> Here is the list of the bounced messages:
14 >>> - 188380
15 >
16 > I periodically get these too.
17 >
18 > My understanding is that my receiving server is correctly rejecting
19 > specific messages in accordance with the purported sending domain's
20 > wishes (which they publish in DNS).
21 >
22 > I believe this to be happening because the gentoo-user mailing list
23 > (and others) are sending messages in a way that violates contemporary
24 > spam filtering; e.g. SPF, DKIM, DMARC.
25 >
26 > I don't think there is anything that we subscribers can do.  I think
27 > it's up to the mailing list administrators to update / reconfigure
28 > things to match contemporary spam filtering.
33 I think we came to the conclusion that one person is causing this.
34 Basically his emails trigger the spam alarm and it gets marked before or
35 upon receipt by gmail.  It doesn't even make it to my in box.
36
37 Now how a individual can find themselves in a place where their emails
38 are marked as spam like that, one can only guess.
39
40 Thanks for the info.
41
42 Dale