From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bounced messages
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 03:26:35
1 On 11/1/19 2:00 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > I think we came to the conclusion that one person is causing this.
3
4 I don't agree with that conclusion.
5
6 > Basically his emails trigger the spam alarm and it gets marked before
7 > or upon receipt by gmail. It doesn't even make it to my in box.
8
9 I don't know if spam is the proper term per say, but it's certainly in
10 the email hygiene category.
11
12 > Now how a individual can find themselves in a place where their emails
13 > are marked as spam like that, one can only guess.
14
15 I don't need to guess.
16
17 Any subscriber that posts to the list from an email domain that employs
18 contemporary security; i.e. SPF, and DKIM, and DMARC, all with strict
19 settings, will likely cause this to happen for subscribers that have
20 email with a provider that honors said strict security.
21
22 > Thanks for the info.
23
24 You're welcome.
25
26 Note: I expect this larger problem to get considerably worse (across
27 mailing lists in general) before it gets better. Some governments
28 around the world are mandating that any business that partners with the
29 government in any way must implement the contemporary technologies that
30 I'm talking about. Germany and the U.S.A. come to mind. I don't know
31 of other examples off hand.
36 Grant. . . .
37 unix || die