From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preserved-rebuild acting strangely
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:30:15
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 12 May 2013 02:50:44 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi. I am using gentoo unstable and after this last update when I tried
6 > > to do emerge @preserved-rebuild I get the following:
7 >
8 > I didn't know Gentoo specifically made an unstable version, it's
9 > generally rock solid for me.
10 Buy unstable I meant ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86 ~amd64"
14 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
15 > >
16 > > Calculating dependencies .... done!
17 > >
18 > > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "net-libs/xulrunner:1.9".
19 > > (dependency required by "@preserved-rebuild" [argument])
20 > >
21 > > I have xulrunner 2.0 installed, although it looks like nothing depends
22 > > on that package, so I am not sure what is going on. I looked at
23 > > /var/lib/portage/preserved-rebuild-registrybut can't find xulrunner
24 > > anywhere in that file. How can I proceed?
25 >
26 > emerge -cav xulrunner
27 I have no ebuilds for xulrunner at all in the tree. But I will try as
28 you suggest because there seems to be nothing dependent on it.
29 Well, that did something good, now its going right along.
30
31 Thanks so much -- this is a great mailing list.
36 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
37 How do
38 you spend it?
39
40 John Covici