From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:13:38
1 On 04/04/2013 10:10, Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg) wrote:
2 > Sort of the same here, except that I use lan0 instead of eth0, because
3 > once in a while I use broadcom's wireless drivers instead of the kernel
4 > drivers, and the former assign an ethX name.
5 >
6 > Sadly, I still get some problems after resuming from hibernation:
7 > *sometimes*, the ethernet NIC won't be renamed lan0 (and remains eth0),
8 > and I have to rmmod and modprobe.
9 >
10 > Also sadly, the fact that several people go "oh noes you can't use
11 > wlan0" when I try to get comments on how to fix the issue does not
12 > help a lot...
15 I hear you :-)
16
17 The amount of FUD and misinformation surrounding the entire udev
18 "ecosystem" over the past 6 months defies all belief. I don't think I've
19 ever seen quite this much hysteria and mob-think in anything
20 computing-related until now. And that includes SCO, which is saying
21 something...
22
23 I gets so bad that people are starting to make shit up to be worried
24 about, instead of just reading the simple document that is right in
25 front of their eyes that already fully and completely answers the
26 question at hand....
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com