From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome CD automount fails without error
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:15:19
1 On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > Hi guys
3 >
4 > I'm using GNOME on gentoo and I like the behavior where usb drives
5 > will pop up a nautilus window
6 > on plugin.
7 >
8 > I always expected this behavior on CDs as well, but for some reason,
9 > I only noticed today
10 > (after quite a while of using, since I haven't plugged in a CD for
11 > quite a while) that it doesn't
12 > work.
13
14 I believe that such things are detected by hal and the actual mount is
15 done by gnome-volume-manager which then launches nautilus.
16
17 /etc/fstab is not involved at all in this.
18 It seems to be that Gnome at least wants you to use fstab for permanent
19 mounts only, and bits of Gnome for everything else
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list