From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HPLIP plugin file
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:39:14
1 On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 00:13:32 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > > What printer do you have. I use foo2zjs with a LaserJet 1022 and
4 > > thought it was the only way, not that it causes me any problems.
5 >
6 > I have the LaserJer 1020, foo2zjs used to be the only way to print for
7 > me, too; by chance, I was looking at HPLIP the other day and saw 1020
8 > was now in the supported printers list (it wasn't when I bought the
9 > printer). Looks like 1022 is there, too.
10
11 That's worth looking at, AFAICT the 1020 and 1022 are basically the same.
12
13 Do you have any particular objection to foo2zjs or is it just an OCD
14 attitude to not having unnecessary packages installed?
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Ask a silly person, get a silly answer