From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for google-chrome users
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 19:45:31
1 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 [...]
4 > Then, after I figured out that CONFIG_USER_NS is a kernel config item,
5 > requiring reinstallation of my kernel, I wasted more time figuring out
6 > (for the n'th time) that you shouldn't just change a single kernel
7 > config item and do "make" because that shortcut can break important
8 > things.
9 >
10 > No, you should do "make clean" first, and then do "make" etc.
11 [...]
12
13 I haven't done a "make clean" for years when I compiled a kernel and I
14 never had any problems.
17 Regards
18 wabe