From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for google-chrome users
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 20:46:02
1 On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:44 PM, <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > [...]
5 >> Then, after I figured out that CONFIG_USER_NS is a kernel config item,
6 >> requiring reinstallation of my kernel, I wasted more time figuring out
7 >> (for the n'th time) that you shouldn't just change a single kernel
8 >> config item and do "make" because that shortcut can break important
9 >> things.
10 >>
11 >> No, you should do "make clean" first, and then do "make" etc.
13 >
14 > I haven't done a "make clean" for years when I compiled a kernel and I
15 > never had any problems.
16
17 Then you have not made any critical config changes, or you have been very lucky.