From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How should I clean up my broken system?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:16:24
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > well, cfg-update keeps a backup. It detects manual edits and try to
4 > resolve conflicts resulting from that automatically. Which works
5 > surprisingly well. If
6
7 Volker gave me that same advice long ago, I've used cfg-update ever
8 since.
9
10 Its capable of dispatching meaningless file updates in the blink of an
11 eye, and offers several well known methods for resolving those that
12 need it.
13
14 I personally use vimdiff with it, but there are several other options.
15 Its just a good solid tool.