From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DRM Problem : Radeon HD 7670M
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 07:26:10
1 On Wed, 4 May 2016 13:06:45 +0800, JingYuan Chen wrote:
2
3 > I found that I made a big mistake after I installed kernel 4.4.6. My
4 > laptop still used kernel 4.1.5 to boot. It come as a surprise to me.
5 >
6 > Therefore, I check the configuration of grub2 and fstab. Then I found
7 > that I forgot to modify mount options in fstab.
8 > The option of my boot partition was set as noauto. So that I don't use
9 > the kernel compiled by myself at all.
10
11 We've all done that. Now I mount /boot as ro in fstab. That way, if I
12 forget to remount it before installing a kernel I get an error message
13 instead of the kernel just disappearing.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Is that "woof" feed me; "woof" walk me; "woof" there's a burglar? What??