From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Linus Torvalds on systemd
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:24:14
1 On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 7:45 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >> On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
4 >>>> • "There's still value in understanding the traditional UNIX "do one
5 >>>> thing and do it well" model where many workflows can be done as a
6 >>>> pipeline of simple tools each adding their own value, but let's face
7 >>>> it, it's not how complex systems really work, and it's not how major
8 >>>> applications have been working or been designed for a long time. It's
9 >>>> a useful simplification, and it's still true at *some* level, but I
10 >>>> think it's also clear that it doesn't really describe most of
11 >>>> reality."
12 >>>>
13 >>>
14 >>> He doesn't make an actual argument why useful abstraction cannot be done
15 >>> in complex systems.
16 >>
17 >> He doesn't need to;
18 >
19 > Sure he does.
20
21 No, he does not, because the link I posted was not an argument, was an
22 interview and he was asked for his opinion, and in no moment was he
23 asked to justify his opinion.
24
25 You, on the other hand, seem to be arguing. I don't know exactly with
26 whom, because surely is not with me.
27
28 Regards.
29 --
30 Canek Peláez Valdés
31 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias