From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: palemoon-27.3.0 anyone?
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 19:12:09
1 On 2017-06-30 12:01, james wrote:
2
3 > [2] "octopus" layman/octopus
4 >
5 > Anyone running this version or Palemoon-27.3.0 from another ebuild?
6 > I'm not much interested in building Palemoon from sources.
7
8 I am not sure what your question or request is here. Are you asking
9 someone to share a binary?
10
11 I have my own ebuild of 27.3.0 which works without problems for me, with
12 current stable gcc. I can share the ebuild (which is identical to the
13 overlay, or nearly so) but, I'm not uploading the binary anywhere :P
14
15 > Is there any quick and convenient way to write bookmarks (changes) to
16 > both (qupzilla and Palemoon) so I can switch between browsers and see
17 > the same bookmarks in sync?
18
19 I share bookmarks between my two instances of palemoon by doing a
20 bookmark backup (from the menu item "Bookamrks|Organize") on one and
21 then a restore on the other. Not really automated, but good enough for
22 the frequency I need.
23
24 OTOH, sharing with or reusing bookmarks from a different browser in the
25 mozilla family seems to be problematic. See this issue among others on
26 the palemoon github site:
27
28 https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/1100
31 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
32 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
33 Don't clear-text sign:
34 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html