From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: palemoon-27.3.0 anyone?
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 23:35:34
1 On 06/30/17 15:11, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2017-06-30 12:01, james wrote:
3 >
4 >> [2] "octopus" layman/octopus
5 >>
6 >> Anyone running this version or Palemoon-27.3.0 from another ebuild?
7 >> I'm not much interested in building Palemoon from sources.
8 >
9 > I am not sure what your question or request is here. Are you asking
10 > someone to share a binary?
11
12 NO. I either maintain ebuilds myself (over 50 now), or used those via
13 layman or the portage tree. I'm not looking to maintain a larger trees
14 as my cluster and science stuff is turning into a full time effort..
17 > I have my own ebuild of 27.3.0 which works without problems for me, with
18 > current stable gcc.
19
20 Excellent, that what I wanted to know. I had a real plucker of a time
21 with 6 packages when going from gcc-4 to gcc-5. All is fine now, I'm
22 curious if there are issues with gcc-6 on gentoo, that's it.
23
24 > I can share the ebuild (which is identical to the
25 > overlay, or nearly so) but, I'm not uploading the binary anywhere :P
26 >
27 >> Is there any quick and convenient way to write bookmarks (changes) to
28 >> both (qupzilla and Palemoon) so I can switch between browsers and see
29 >> the same bookmarks in sync?
30 >
31 > I share bookmarks between my two instances of palemoon by doing a
32 > bookmark backup (from the menu item "Bookamrks|Organize") on one and
33 > then a restore on the other. Not really automated, but good enough for
34 > the frequency I need.
35 >
36 > OTOH, sharing with or reusing bookmarks from a different browser in the
37 > mozilla family seems to be problematic. See this issue among others on
38 > the palemoon github site:
39 >
40 > https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/1100
41
42 This issue is close by not exactly the same. What I want is when you
43 save/modify/delete a bookmark in Palemoon, it would be instantly
44 effective in Qupzilla and vice versa. A 'simd' instruction, execute
45 once, write multiple-times, so to speak.
48 I was looking for a solution, on syncing up diverse *zilla bookmarks
49 records. If you think about, it's a really good idea and yields consumer
50 options to use another browser, when your 'fav' browser is not
51 performing as you wish.
52
53 thx,
54 James