From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 18:13:55
1 El Vie, 6 de Febrero de 2009, 22:00, Harry Putnam escribió:
2 > Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> writes:
5 >>> The cynic in me says that it's because Tim Berners-Lee
6 >>> invented HTML, not Richard M Stallman.
7 >>
8 >> Info has been around a lot longer than HTML, but I think you're
9 >> largely correct.
10 >
11 [...]
12 > I recommend that people use emacs to read `info'. They work really well
13 > together and the vast arsenal of search and other tools in emacs are
14 > brought to bare in `info' reading. Once you used emacs for `info' reading
15 > the standalone `Info' reader will seem pretty primitive.
16
17 Well, I'd first need to use info to use emacs to use info,
18 you get the point :p
19
20 A manual system should be simple enough that a newbie can
21 start to use it without knowing anything about emacs. Hell,
22 even less is a hard thing to use on man pages for a newcomer,
23 let alone emacs or vi.
24
25 Once you are proficient with emacs, then info vs. man is
26 probably a non-issue for you anyway, so I don't get your
27 point there.
30 Jesús Guerrero