From: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem configuring Intel Wireless 5300 device
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 20:08:30
1 On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 19:21:20 +0100, Shoka <shoka@×××.ch> wrote:
2
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > I got stuck when trying to get the Intel Wireless 5300 device running.
6 > I'm using the 2.6.31.gentoo-r6 kernel source and have tried several
7 > configuration options for getting this driver to work.
8 >
9 > The gentoo os is running on a lenovo x200 notebook.
10 >
11 > It seems that the iwlagn module doesn't get compiled at all. When trying
12 > to run "modprobe iwlagn" I get the message "Module iwlagn not found".
13 > The device is properly recognized when using the Gentoo Live CD. There
14 > it uses the iwlagn module. So it should be possible to configure the
15 > kernel to do the same.
16 >
17 > I have found this forum post about configuring the 5300 device, but this
18 > guy used the 2.6.30-gentoo-r6 kernel source and it looks like the kernel
19 > config options in menuconfig have changed. I cannot find a kernel config
20 > option called "Intel Wireless WiFi Next Gen AGN (iwlagn)".
21 >
22 > Link to forum post:
23 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-792424-highlight-5300.html
24 >
25 > I'm a gentoo newbie and therefore would be very glad, if anyone could
26 > give me an advice in the right direction.
27 >
28 > Thank you very much!
29 >
30 > Best regards
31 > Shoka
37 You should be able to find the iwlagn in Device Drivers -> Network Device
38 Support -> Wireless Lan
39
40 There you need to set "Intel Wireless Wifi" and then the option should
41 appear :-)
44 Zeerak