From: Shoka <shoka@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem configuring Intel Wireless 5300 device
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 20:14:45
1 On 07.02.2010 20:29, Zeerak Waseem wrote:
2 > On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 19:21:20 +0100, Shoka <shoka@×××.ch> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi folks,
5 >>
6 >> I got stuck when trying to get the Intel Wireless 5300 device
7 >> running. I'm using the 2.6.31.gentoo-r6 kernel source and have tried
8 >> several configuration options for getting this driver to work.
9 >>
10 >> The gentoo os is running on a lenovo x200 notebook.
11 >>
12 >> It seems that the iwlagn module doesn't get compiled at all. When
13 >> trying to run "modprobe iwlagn" I get the message "Module iwlagn not
14 >> found". The device is properly recognized when using the Gentoo Live
15 >> CD. There it uses the iwlagn module. So it should be possible to
16 >> configure the kernel to do the same.
17 >>
18 >> I have found this forum post about configuring the 5300 device, but
19 >> this guy used the 2.6.30-gentoo-r6 kernel source and it looks like
20 >> the kernel config options in menuconfig have changed. I cannot find a
21 >> kernel config option called "Intel Wireless WiFi Next Gen AGN (iwlagn)".
22 >>
23 >> Link to forum post:
24 >> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-792424-highlight-5300.html
25 >>
26 >> I'm a gentoo newbie and therefore would be very glad, if anyone could
27 >> give me an advice in the right direction.
28 >>
29 >> Thank you very much!
30 >>
31 >> Best regards
32 >> Shoka
38 > You should be able to find the iwlagn in Device Drivers -> Network
39 > Device Support -> Wireless Lan
40 >
41 > There you need to set "Intel Wireless Wifi" and then the option should
42 > appear :-)
45 Hi Zeerak,
46
47 When calling "make menuconfig", then enter section "Device Drivers" -->
48 "Network Device Support" --> "Wireless LAN", all I can see are these
51 [ ] Wireless LAN (pre-802.11)
52 [ ] Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11)
53 < > Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection
54 < > Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG and 2915ABG Network Connection
55
56 I have selected both Intel PRO/Wireless sections and the only
57 sup-options that appeared were:
58
59 [ ] promiscuous mode
60 [ ] full debugging output
61
62 But there was nothing written about "Intel Wireless Wifi" or iwlagn
63 stuff....
64 Even if I checked all the options nothing more appeared.
65
66 Shoka