From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] jbd2 keeps spinning my disk up
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:40:37
1 On Sunday 31 July 2011 17:05:39 Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > However, if it's doing that, then it probably has something it needs to
4 > write to disk. That might be metadata updates.
5
6 What, at least once a minute? While the system's idling, waiting for
7 something to do? Doesn't sound likely to me.
8
9 > Have you tried adding things to your mount parameters like 'noatime' or
10 > 'relatime'?
11
12 I've been specifying 'noatime' on all partitions for several years now; it's
13 automatic behaviour on my part.
14
15 > What about "data=writeback"?
16
17 I don't like the sound of the warning in the man page.
18
19 Thanks for the ideas. So far I'm inclining to the reformatting I mentioned.
22 Rgds
23 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23