From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: LINGUAS, L10N, and local-gen
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 17:02:14
1 On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 11:18:00 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I started out on this thread helping the OP get his set up
5 > correctly. Why make someone else use trial and error like I did when
6 > all I had to do was post
7
8 Refraining from posting would *not* have forced the OP to use trial and
9 error, as there are plenty of people here on the list who *do*
10 understand the news item.
11
12 > what worked here and see if that worked for them too?
13
14 Your initial post to the thread did not include what works for you
15 and did nothing to help the OP; you posted what actually works for you
16 only after the OP had already thanked Alan, who had understood the
17 issue and helped him (and you, AFAICT) get things straight.
18
19 None of this is a very big deal, and I hope I didn't come across as too
20 harsh. It's just that in almost all cases, it's more helpful to wait
21 until someone who does understand posts than to jump in to help with
22 something one doesn't understand.