From: C Lee Davis <lists@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT vm WinXp] Can WinXp be Vm app from gentoo?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 03:45:22
1 Daevid Vincent wrote:
2 > Why does everyone always assume people are pirates or in search of
3 > warez. I don't see why someone couldn't put up a copy of XP or Vista or
4 > whatever that is unactivated, yet all installed and ready to go
5 > (everything but the CPU is emulated in VMWare, so it could be possible,
6 > and even the XP CPU is a generic x86 compatible, not like it's optimized
7 > AFAIK). Then one could just plop in their key to activate it for reals
8 > to get "WGA certifed".
9 >
10 Because, as far as I can tell (and IANAL), that would be illegal. I don't have
11 a license to distribute Windows XP.
14 C. Lee Davis
15 Fantasy Geographic Society http://fantasy.geographic.net/
16 GCB for GURPS 4e http://fantasy.geographic.net/project/4eGURPS