From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntp-daemons
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 21:46:46
1 On Wednesday 03 Apr 2013 16:41:14 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 03 April 2013 00:36:00 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 > > I always used net-misc/ntp for syncing time.
4 > >
5 > > Now I found net-misc/chrony and set it up .... looks good so far.
6 > >
7 > > Any opinions and experiences on the various ways of getting THE TIME?
8 >
9 > I've been using chrony for years now. It always seems smooth and simple to
10 > me - apart from a silly log message that's emitted any time it goes for a
11 > time source it hasn't seen before. Instead of saying it's created a new log
12 > file for it, it says it's failed to open the log file. And then it just
13 > creates it anyway.
14 >
15 > Ho hum...
16
17 Yes, I noticed the same here.
18
19 Do you have chronyc set up to signal off/online status to chronyd? If so,
20 where do you run it from?
23 Regards,
24 Mick

smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature