From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - vsftp 425 bad IP connecting
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:08:07
1 One of my users is having a problem with FTP access to my server. He
2 says that he can connect and get a listing for his home directory, but
3 he can't do anything beyond seeing the listing. He's connecting from
4 outside the network. I can connect and interact with my personal
5 account through FTP just fine from inside the network, but everytime I
6 try to connect like he does (using ftp.espersunited.com) I get a 425
7 Security Bad IP error. I don't have access to a computer physically
8 outside the network to use to diagnose this problem, so working around
9 this Bad IP error is my only option. The IP address that
10 ftp.espersunited.com points to is the external address of my router, so
11 it might be complaining because the requesting IP is the same as the
12 requested IP. Any help on fixing this? Google and the vsftpd.conf man
13 page were no help...
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list