From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] html5 no longer working in firefox
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:43:34
1 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 05:06:55PM -0500, covici@××××××××××.com wrote
4 >
5 > > Funny thing is it used to work fine, early November and then some update
6 > > broke the thing, but I will definitely try the debug console and see if
7 > > it tells me anything.
8 >
9 > Try creating a new Firefox profile and see if sound works. If it
10 > works then the problem is with your mimeTypes.rdf file (long story).
11 > We'll worry about fixing that later if necessary.
12
13 What I got out of the control-shift-i console is specified type
14 attribute of "" not supported load of media resource failed.
15 All candidate resources failed to load media load paused.
16 Now, getting a new profile made things work, I will have to set all the
17 settings again -- I hope things don't break, but now I wonder what
18 happened because I lost all the bookmarks, etc. I renamed the old
19 profile, so its still there so maybe something can be figured out.
20
21 I appreciate all the help so far on this.
24 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
25 How do
26 you spend it?
27
28 John Covici