From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Localmount starts before LVM
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:49:47
1 > On Tuesday 11 December 2012 04:52 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 <SNIP>
4
5 >> Which metadata version did you use for the software raid setup?
6 >>
7 >> Can you add "mdadm" to the boot-runlevel?
10 > I'm using metadata version 1.2 for the raid0 array and the type is
11 > kernel based autodetect.
12
13 Ouch, auto-detect does not work with metadata 1.2.
14 Please read the man-page section:
15 ===
16 --auto-detect
17 Request that the kernel starts any auto-detected arrays. This can only
18 work if md is compiled into the kernel - not if it is a module. Arrays
19 can be auto-detected by the kernel if all the components are in
20 primary MS-DOS partitions with partition type FD, and all use v0.90
21 metadata. In-kernel autodetect is not recommended for new
22 installations. Using mdadm to detect and assemble arrays - possibly in
23 an initrd - is substantially more flexible and should be preferred.
24 ===
25
26 > Earlier I went by the raid guide on gentoo.org, but I configured it to
27 > use kernel based autodetect.
28 > mdadm anyway was reporting nothing detected (when added to boot
29 > runlevel) so it's not there in the boot runlevel.
30 >
31 > Moreover, since lvm starts up successfully, it doesn't seem to be an
32 > issue because of mdadm. It's just the sequence that's messed up. :S
33
34 Please rebuild the raid-device using v0.90 metadata and try again.
35
36 Kind regards,
37
38 Joost Roeleveld