From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Localmount starts before LVM
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:10:53
1 On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:48:13 +0100, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > > I'm using metadata version 1.2 for the raid0 array and the type is
4 > > kernel based autodetect.
5 >
6 > Ouch, auto-detect does not work with metadata 1.2.
7 > Please read the man-page section:
8 >
9 > Please rebuild the raid-device using v0.90 metadata and try again.
10
11 I don't understand why your using RAID at all. LVM on top of RAID0 makes
12 no sense to me when you can simply make each device a PV and add it to
13 the VG. That's more flexible and easier to repair.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 SITCOM: Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage