From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Localmount starts before LVM
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:36:47
1 On Tuesday 11 December 2012 04:52 PM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >
3 > What is the end-result without the lines?
7 localmount fails at mounting /var /home and /tmp (while swap gets
8 mounted which is *also* on LVM because lvm starts up before the swap
9 gets activated).
12 > I use an older version still.
13 > In rc.conf, I only set the "need" lines for init-scripts I created myself.
14 > I never used the other lines.
17 I still have no idea why the sequence is messed up. I tried reverting to
18 0.10.5, but that didn't help either.
19
20 > Do you have /usr on / ? Or on a seperate partition?
23 /usr is not a separate partition, it's on the same partition as root.
24
25 > Which metadata version did you use for the software raid setup?
26 >
27 > Can you add "mdadm" to the boot-runlevel?
30 I'm using metadata version 1.2 for the raid0 array and the type is
31 kernel based autodetect.
32 Earlier I went by the raid guide on gentoo.org, but I configured it to
33 use kernel based autodetect.
34 mdadm anyway was reporting nothing detected (when added to boot
35 runlevel) so it's not there in the boot runlevel.
36
37 Moreover, since lvm starts up successfully, it doesn't seem to be an
38 issue because of mdadm. It's just the sequence that's messed up. :S
41 Nilesh Govindarajan
42 http://nileshgr.com