From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eterm not emerging
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:44:08
1 Qian Qiao wrote:
2
3 > Ok, i top post, just for you, :)
4 >
5 > Imagine someone who wasn't following the thread need to do to pick up
6 > this thread:
7 > 1. Scroll all the way to the bottom, read Ted's message.
8 > 2. Scroll a bit upwards, to read you message
9 > 3. Then scroll all the way to the top, to read mine.
10 >
11 > I can hardly say it is *logical* to read a thread backwards. Another
12 > example: try to name one forum/BBS system that displays the newest
13 > reply on the top when viewing a thread.
14 >
15 > *B*/T/_W_, *how did* you like my HTML <http://www.google.com>? I bet
16 > you enjoyed it.
17 >
18 > You just don't understand that most people dislike top-posting and
19 > HTML messages for a reason. You've got every right to use whatever you
20 > wish in your personal mails, but this is a public list, try to be
21 > considerate mate.
22 >
23 > -- Joe
24 >