From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [gentoo-user] Intel Core Duo Processor - Anyone?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:58:49
1 On 3/29/06, Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Great for you. However, if you got a laptop for non-work use
3 > (personal, communications, mobile DVD viewing, &c) would you rather
4 > get the massive 9 pound thing you use at work, or a nice small 14"
5 > portable?
6
7 Even this is a tough decision for me...I do occasionally like to watch
8 DVDs on my laptop, even when I am at home, because at arms length my
9 screen takes up more of my visual field than my 65" TV across the
10 room! There is just something about that that makes me smile...
11
12 Probably the same smile you get after you panic because you think you
13 forgot your laptop, and then realize it is on your shoulder...
14
15 > Before I forget: I lied. I doublechecked the #s and my X40 is really
16 > 2.7 lbs. Srry... won't let it happen again ; )
17
18 Thank goodness for competition and market analysis....we both get
19 laptops that we are really happy with, and that work well for us!
20
21 Anyway my advice to people is to figure out what your needs are and
22 buy the best laptop you can afford that comes as close to those needs
23 as possible. Bigger is not always better. Neither is smaller.
24
25 -Richard
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list