From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: In search of a hint/ides: Loop recording of a webcam
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 12:59:42
1 Hi,
2
3 may be the software I am looking for already exists of
4 can easily created by plugging together already existing pieces:
5
6 With a Logitech c920 webcam (Full HD) I plan to record birds on
7 my roof.
8 I need to record "everything": Starting from the birds landing
9 on the roof until the fligh away again.
10
11 Since the camera delivers Full HD video AND I need the "complete
12 movie" of the bird motion detection is not suitable here: Decoding
13 analyzing and reencoding in case of recording would take to much
14 horsepower...
15
16 But
17 Normally I will recogize the birds after the landed on the roof.
18
19 My idea is to do something like loop recoording:
20 The stream is cut into pieces of 5 minutes length.
21
22 If I dont hit "ENTER" (or something similar) the previously recorded
23 piece of video gets delted after the current one has been completly
24 recorded.
25
26 If I hit ENTER no deletion is performed until I hit ENTER again.
27
28 I already have a script hacked together with a gst-launch command,
29 which is able to fetch the Full HD hardware encoded stream from
30 the C920 and put it on the harddisk.
31
32 But I failed in creating a script which allows me to simultanously
33 watch the material which gets recorded just in the same moment.
34
35 Is there any software or script or <fill in something appropiate here>
36 which does this loop recording as described above AND is able to pull
37 the Full HD stream correctly from the C920?
38
39 Where can I proceed?
40
41 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
42 Best regards and have a nice weekend!
43 mcc