From: Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Testing how secure a server is...
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 01:22:38
1 Hey Colin,
2
3 I was looking at the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file and found these:
6 MaxAuthTries 6
7
8 Is the first one what you meant?
9
10 The second seems like an attempt to avoid brute force login.
11
12 Also, does Grub need any kind of password protection? I don't know if
13 it was Grub or Lilo that allowed root access unless password
14 protected. Am I mistaken?
15
16 As you can see, I still have a lot to learn. ;)
17