From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No help on annoying `sandbox' error
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 08:08:20
1 On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 03:58:27PM -0600, reader@×××××××.com wrote
2 > I'm having a continuing annoying problem from sandbox trying to write
3 > out of its crib.
4 >
5 > I've posted here twice before but caught no ones attention.
6 > Possibly this is something screamingly obvious and people just ignored
7 > the posts.
8 >
9 > `sandbox' doesn't like my root .bash_history.
10 > ACCESS DENIED open_rd: /root/.bash_history
11 > ACCESS DENIED open_rd: /root/.bash_history
12 >
13 > I see nothing really like this on bugzilla although their are other
14 > access violations there. I guess it needs to be turned in as a bug but
15 > fisrst tell me if its really a bug or something to do with my
16 > ill-informed setup.
17
18 A couple of things to look at...
19
20 1) Do you have "SANDBOX" mentioned anywhere in /etc/make.conf ?
21
22 2) Grasping at straws here, have you made any manual changes to
23 /etc/profile ? The reason I'm asking is because
24 /usr/share/sandbox/sandbox.bashrc sources /etc/profile
27 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
28 I'm not repeating myself
29 I'm an X Window user... I'm an ex-Windows-user
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list