From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hints for using Unison?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 07:48:50
1 On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:52:15 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Possibly this problem is really an NFS issue or a 1394 issue? Neither
4 > of these are overly tested, at least on my system under Gentoo. I ran
5 > the same system with FC2 for quite awhile. 1394 worked fine as far as
6 > I could tell, but I never used NFS much and I only jsut set up NFS
7 > today to try out Unison so maybe it's one of those systems causing the
8 > problem?
9
10 You don't use NFS with Unison, give it hostnames and it will copy ther
11 files with SSH.
12
13 e.g. unison this box:/home/somedir ssh://otherbox/home/somedir
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.