From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: status of dev-java/icedtea
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 00:13:30
1 Andrew Savchenko <bircoph <at> gentoo.org> writes:
2
3 > <gmane required pruning>
4
5 > Is this e-mail you mentioned?
6 >
7 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/e1d18d1bceecfe86879061bca4bfab16
8
9 Yep that's it. I volunteered because no body else did. I am flexible
10 on who does what, I'm just trying to help. I do like old C codes related to
11 clusters and distributed file systems.
12
13 Munge, ganglia, ganglia-web have all been assigned to the sys-cluster project.
14 (Maintainer: cluster@g.o (Gentoo Cluster Project))
15
16 I have a minor bump on munge completed, but the download file has a few
17 issues, we can email about privately? bgo, or ? I'm struggling with github.
18 Rich did point out a resource I need to read up on.
19
20 jsbronder is busy so that's why he released the packages in that list.
21 I need a wee bit of help time to time. I'm not much on irc. I prefer ML
22 or one on one questions and the ML on proxy-maintainers is new and quirky::
23 http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.proxy-maint.
24
25 So for sure I'll maintain openmesh:: Maintainer: None specified
26
27 I have preformed a survey of what those for need and sent it to jsbronder,
28 with no reply. If you want to fill in, I can send that email and questions
29 to you directly? The survey for what those (4) packages need. I'm still
30 learning, but have about a dozen working and about a dozen with issues.
31 How shall we communicate (-irc).
35 > If yes, please send me a list of packages you'd like to maintain.
36 > I'll see how I can help. (I'm not on proxy-maint team, but nobody
37 > denies me to help individual users with selected packages :))
38
39 If a dev wants to mentor a hack (like me) directly, there is no
40 need to use proxy-maint, if that is what you prefer. I know you are busy.
41 So, if you like, I can use proxy-maint via the ML, and you on more
42 sys-cluster related things. However you want to roll, if fine with me.
43
44 media-gfx/openmesh [no project]
45 sys-cluster/ganglia [cluster]
46 sys-cluster/ganglia-web [cluster]
47 sys-cluster/munge
48
49 Once I get these cleaned up and upgraded to eapi-6, I like to take
50 on :: sys-cluster/mpe2
51
52 > Best regards,
53 > Andrew Savchenko
54
55 I am still learning the tricks of ebuilds and struggle time to time. And my
56 email address migration has been drawn out for a variety of reasons. Gmane
57 won't (yet) allow me to post with the new (garftd) email address.....
58
59 thx,
60 James