From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using eclipse with java
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:10:34
1 2014-04-17 11:15 GMT-06:00 <gottlieb@×××.edu>:
2 > On Thu, Apr 17 2014, Jc García wrote:
3 >
4 >> 2014-04-17 10:11 GMT-06:00 <gottlieb@×××.edu>:
5
6 > Thank you; that does seem preferable. Is the binary you refer to the
7 > one in the following message from emerge (I did a --pretend)?
8 >
9 > # A more recent source build maintained by the community is available in the
10 > # seden overlay. A more recent binary is available in the java-overlay.
11 >
12 > thanks again,
13 > allan
14 >
15 No, I was referring to the tarball directly downloaded from
16 eclipse.org and uncompressed in an arbitrary directory(It worked
17 alright for me that way).
18
19 I hadn't checked out the java overlay for a while, back when I was
20 settiig up my machine for java, I remember the binary ebuild there,
21 wasn't compatible with eclim(this was very important for me), but I
22 think the most recent one is, although is not the newest eclipse
23 version.