From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Console scrollback is back again!
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 09:54:32
1 Hello, Michael.
2
3 On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 18:08:58 -0500, Michael Jones wrote:
4
5 [ .... ]
6
7 > Without looking at the patch itself:
8
9 > Have you considered something like kmscon as a userland alternative?
10
11 To be honest, no. I wasn't really aware of it when I starting working on
12 the Linux console.
13
14 According to Wikipedia, the last release was in 2013, and development
15 stopped altogether in 2015. The Gentoo package for it is masked.
16
17 > I installed it on my laptop, and aside from not working with gpmd or
18 > consolation for mouse support, it's a perfectly functional local tty.
19
20 I suppose it's one of these programs that once working, pretty much
21 carries on working for ever.
24 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).