From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive AHCI versus RAID setting in BIOS?
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 07:33:00
1 On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 22:10:10 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > I always boot system rescue and dd the entries drive to somewhere
4 > > safe. That way I restore the original setup in the case of a warranty
5 > > claim - unless the failure is that bad that I can't boot or access
6 > > the disk.
7 >
8 > a) The drive is one terabyte in size.
9
10 Most of is empty, the drives always compress to a lot less.
11
12 > b) Yes, Mr. Dell Support, I bought the machine 6 months ago and I've
13 > been websurfing, Youtubing, etc ever since. And Windows Home has not
14 > forced an update all that time.
15
16 That would be difficult but no evidence of any evil doing, such as
17 installing Linux. However, I'm more concerned about an earlier failure,
18 if it lasts six months it should last six years.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.