From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive AHCI versus RAID setting in BIOS?
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 02:10:12
1 On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 12:04:19AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
2 > On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 18:04:51 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >
4 > > Since wiping Windows voids the warranty, I'll run the new machine for
5 > > several days under Windows, just in case there are any early problems.
6 > > After that, it goes Gentoo.
7 >
8 > I always boot system rescue and dd the entries drive to somewhere safe.
9 > That way I restore the original setup in the case of a warranty claim -
10 > unless the failure is that bad that I can't boot or access the disk.
11
12 a) The drive is one terabyte in size.
13
14 b) Yes, Mr. Dell Support, I bought the machine 6 months ago and I've
15 been websurfing, Youtubing, etc ever since. And Windows Home has not
16 forced an update all that time.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications