From: Anthony Metcalf <nevyn@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Theoretical] Copy make.conf or Create New Profile
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:16:47
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 > if you are using nfs you could also put a 'central' make.conf there and have
5 > the servers symlink to it. This way you only have to edit it once.
9 The problem with that is that I may not want al the servers to have al
10 of the servers running the same make.conf :)
11
12 Perhaps servers in a year or two will have never processors that I want
13 to take advantage of or I may want some use flags active on some
14 servers, while still haveing the general set that apply to them
15 all....With a profile I would have the flexibilty to do that, with a
16 symlinced make file, I don't.