From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what is overloaded my X server?
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:03:09
1 Thanks David, thanks Zhen!
2
3 I'm running the 2.6.31-gentoo-r6 kernel,
4 xorg-server-1.6.5-r1 and x11-drivers/ati-drivers-9.11
5 So, this is quite recent.
6 I've patched my xorg-server as described here
7 http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-amd64@l.g.o/msg11704.html
8
9 I don't run KDE and most of the time everything works just fine.
10 Then, suddenly X takes much CPU time, the mouse gets nearly
11 non-responsive. I have killed nearly any user process without any
12 change. Only killing X itself cures the problem.
13 Of course, I have reemerged x11-base/xorg-server x11-drivers/ati-drivers
14 and I have run revdep-rebuild.
15
16 Probably I have to somehow compare every lib on the "faulty" machine
17 to another once which should have identical packages.
18
19 Thanks again,
20 Helmut.
21