From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Randomly dumb questions
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:38:21
1 On Saturday 15 March 2008, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:35:32 +0200
3 >
4 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Saturday 15 March 2008, Chris Brennan wrote:
6 > > > Dale wrote:
7 > > > | Chris Brennan wrote:
8 > > > |> How come I don't see my own posts to this list?
9 > > > |
10 > > > | We got this one. I saw one other one too.
11 > > > | Dale
12 > > > |
13 > > > | :-) :-)
14 > > >
15 > > > Ya but you didn't answer my question :D
16 > >
17 > > The list software doesn't send a copy of a mail back to the same
18 > > address as what sent it. This is pretty usual behaviour for any
19 > > list run by a non-idiot (like this one)
20 >
21 > Is that so? Then will you, please, explain how do people get their
22 > original messages back?
23
24 There's a copy already in their outbox? And a sane mailer (like say
25 kmail) will have put the sent copy there already.
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list