From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] inhouse email
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:43:32
1 On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 11:29 -0400, Mark wrote:
2 > Can anyone who has done it comment on the downside (if any) of
3 > bringing email in-house, as opposed to continuing to pay a hosting
4 > provider? My plan is to have a separate server, sitting by itself in
5 > the DMZ, so the internal LAN should remain relatively safe. The DSL
6 > provider we use will host the DNS records (MX). We have a top-notch
7 > firewall already in place, but this is the first step we've taken
8 > toward making anything available inbound, so I'm cautiously
9 > optimistic.
10 >
11 > --
12 > Mark
13 > [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]
14
15 I have an in-house mail server. In my experience, the only problem I
16 have with it is when our cable Internet goes out. I pay $99USD a month
17 for cable Internet with a static IP and the cable usually goes out for a
18 couple of hours on the weekends (grrr). Other than that I haven't
19 really had any problems with it...
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list