From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] pop3 server advice
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:23:56
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:44:12 -0500, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 >> I need to install a pop3 server for very light usage. So my wife can
6 >> pull her mail off my home lan linux server to her windows XP home box.
7 >>
8 >> Any experienced users have a suggestion for which one to install?
9 >> Just reading the esearch one line descriptions I favored `teapop'
10 >
11 > I used teapop for a while, and it is good as a basic POP3 server. I
12 > switched to Dovecot when I needed IMAP too, so I could use squirrelmail
13 > with it.
14
15 Where did you learn how to set it up? It appears the authors haven't
16 even made an attempt to explain how to use it other than the sparse
17 man page which just lists the cmdline switches.
18
19 Or is it just a case of rc-update add teapop default
20
21 Start it and an incoming pop connection just works as expected
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list