From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] pop3 server advice
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:51:28
1 On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:08:54 -0500, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Where did you learn how to set it up? It appears the authors haven't
4 > even made an attempt to explain how to use it other than the sparse
5 > man page which just lists the cmdline switches.
6 >
7 > Or is it just a case of rc-update add teapop default
8
9 Thanks to CONFIG_PROTECT, I still have the config files in /etc.
10
11 # cat /etc/conf.d/teapop
12 # TEAPOP command-line options.
13 #
14 # Please refer to 'man teapop' for a complete list of options.
15 #
16 # -s for standalone mode.
17
18 TEAPOP_OPTS="-s -L"
19
20 I don't know if this was the default or not. There's also
21 /etc/teapop.passwd, which is heavily commented. I have these two lines at
22 the end
23
24 empty:*:passwd:/var/spool/mail:0::mail:
25 default:*:reject
26
27 I'm fairly sure I was still using mbox files at the time, although I
28 can't recall whether it makes any difference here.
29
30 Or you could use dovecot. It's not quite as lightweight as teapop, but
31 the config file is well explained.
35 Neil Bothwick
36
37 If this were an actual tagline, it would be funny.