From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fw: updating /etc/package.accept_keywords
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 17:14:33
1 On Thu, 30 May 2019 08:20:49 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > > There's also cfg-update and there may be more tools to manage changes
4 > > in config files following an update.
5 > >
6 > > The merge function is particularly useful, because you can see where
7 > > your edits are/not affected by any changes to the new config defaults
8 > > and reject/ accept one change at a time.
9 >
10 > Yeah, I couldn't live without cfg-update, especially with the
11 > auto-merging of changes. The one caveat is that it isn't the
12 > best-maintained piece of software out there. I'm mostly nursing it
13 > along.
14
15 conf-update works best for me. It also can use colordiff to highlight
16 changes and can be configured to auto-merge trivial changes.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 I believe the technical term is "Oops!"